The Queen Wasp season is upon us and there are a few things that can be done to try and prevent a nest being built around your home or garden:
- Seal loft areas as much as possible and put insect mesh over air bricks and soffits.
- If you have had a nest before, try putting a low wattage bulb in the area as wasps do not like light.
- Treat timber with wood treatment such as Cuprinol.
- Inspect areas regularly and if you see a nest being built, once it gets to Grapefruit size call in an expert to treat.
- In Spring, check compost heaps carefully as these can be good nest areas. Maybe get rid of compost heaps for the months of April/May.
We are experts in this field and can offer advice or a free consultation should you have a nest issue you are concerned about.